Whakatā Chalet Accommodation
Up to 4 guests
2 bedrooms, 1 king bed in one bedroom, 2 king singles in second bedroom
2 full bathrooms
After a day spent exploring Fiordland, there’s no better reward than to retreat to our Swiss-style Whakata chalet. Built with all the comforts of home in mind, this unique Fiordland accommodation option is complete with your own 6-seater private spa pool (hot tub) so you can soak up the mountain views from the deck.
Whakata chalet was built using locally sourced NZ Oregon (Douglas Fir) timber and clad in Southland Macrocarpa to create a strong kiwi feel. Fully insulated, you’ll be warm in winter and cool in summer. The attached carport is complete with washing machine/dryer and sink – designed to be handy to clean and dry muddy hiking gear, or perhaps fillet that Fiordland trout!
- 2 bedrooms, 1 king bed in one bedroom, 2 king singles in second bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Private deck with mountain views
- 6-seater spa pool (hot tub)
- Modern, self-catering kitchen complete with oven, microwave and dishwasher
- Double-glazed windows
- Modern energy efficient heating
- Undercover carport
- Outside sink for fish filleting
- Washing machine/dryer
Have you seen our Whakata Packages? These are an easy way to combine your accommodation with the very best that Fiordland has to offer.